Gemstones in every form are beautiful but peals are indeed the best of all. They add an aura of sophistication and beauty to your outfit, whether it’s a bride’s dress or a woman’s formal wear or even a girl’s communication dress. Their round shape and white or cream color compliment virtually any wardrobe.
After diamond, pearls are the only gemstone beads that have practically fascinated mankind more than anything else. The oldest known pearl necklace is more than 4,000 years old. Its mystical powers and qualities are symbolized by their glow that seems to radiate from its center. Over time, pearl has acquired strong associations with love, happiness, success and other virtues like modesty, purity which also makes it the popular choice for a woman’s wedding day.
“Pearls are the riches merchandise of all and the most sovereign commodity throughout the world".
If you’re planning to buy pearls this season then there are a few details to take a note of:
· Luster: The gloss, sheen, brightness that you see on this gemstone is a depiction of its quality. Low quality pearls will appear dull with a matte like finish, while high luster pearls will appear nearly brilliant with exceptional pearls having a mirror- like finish.
· Shape: The most highly prized pearls are those which are perfectly spherical to the naked eye. They have a slightly oblong shape, and the ones with such shapes are of an average value. Though these gemstone beads are randomly shaped, but they still kook beautiful when properly arranged.
· Quality: The quality of pearl gemstone beads may however vary in accordance to its luster and shape but here are the parameters that are even more expressive:
1. AAA: These pearls are perfectly round to the eye. They have an excellent luster, very clean nacre (95% nacre) with no surface inclusions. Jewellery claiming to be this grade will have excellent matching between pearls. Pearls from this grade represent the top 1% of a pearl harvest.
2. AA+: These pearls are visibly round with excellent luster. They have clean nacre (95% nacre) with no surface inclusions. There is excellent matching between pearls. Pearls from this grade represent the top 5% of a pearl harvest.
3. AA: These pearls are near-round to off-round. They have a good luster with good nacre (80-90% nacre) with no surface inclusions. There is good matching between the pearls. This grade represents the top 15% of a pearl harvest.
4. A/A+: Off round to baroque in shape, this grade of pearl has a moderate luster and is composed of about 70% nacre. It has no surface inclusions. Jewellery claiming to be this grade had well to moderate matching.
5. A: This grade represents pearls that are very off-round to baroque. They have moderate to low luster, with moderate to heavily blemished nacre. There is moderate matching between pieces.
The best quality of AAA gemstone beads is however available at Ratna Sagar Jewels manufacture wholesale gemstone beads. Log on to http://www.ratnasagarjewels.com/ for more details.