An emerald is one of the members of the quadruple of the precious stones. One of the noted Lithologists of this world, St. Hildegard from Bingen has rightly said that ‘All the green of nature is concentrated within the Emerald.’ Emerald gemstones belong to the varieties of a mineral named beryl. The characteristic green color is because of the presence of chromium and vanadium in trace amounts. Emeralds are known not only for their bright green hue but also for their transparency as well. Emeralds have evoked the imagination of the poets and baffled the common masses since times immemorial.
General Properties and Origin of the Stone
The gradation of emerald just like any other gemstone is done on the basis of the parameters related to the four C’s of grading that are namely Carat (weight), Color, Clarity and Cut. These four factors actually help in determining the base value of the stone to start with. Out of these color and clarity are by far the most important factors in grading an emerald stone. The finest of the emerald stones does not only display a bright green hue but are exceptionally transparent as well.
In antiquity, the emeralds were mined in Egypt 3500 years earlier. The availability of emeralds in Austria or India has been found since 14th century. As of date, in case of emeralds, Columbia is the largest producer is the world. Columbia contributes about 50% to 95% of the world production of emeralds closely followed by Zambia. Various other African countries along with some from South America and many from Asia also contribute as the emerald producing nations in the world. In fact, some parts of the US also produce emeralds.
Powers Emerald beads are often described as a powerful stone in crystal healing. It is often described as a stone that seeks love and reveals the truth. Some of the powers that are bestowed in the stone include:
- Potential romantic partners or estranged lovers are united by the divine powers emerald. If emerald is evoked for such purposed then it is advised to wear them near the heart especially in the form of emerald beads.
- It enhances the intuition and vision in the wearer. The intelligence of the wearer is sharpened. It is known to open up the clairvoyance.
- It brings in vitality towards the spirit thereby ensuring freshness. It helps to seek justice, harmony and compassion.
- Emeralds work excellently in rejuvenating the exhausted and tired vital organs of the body like heart, lungs and other visceral organs.
- They aid in recovery from any kind of infectious illness and malignant conditions.
- Emeralds are known to provide a huge boost to the self-esteem and ward off the feelings that come from insecurities and inferiority complexes.
- These stones have a calming and soothing effect on troubled minds and invigorate our thoughts and philosophical reflections.
- Emeralds prove good in matter of workspace as well. It strengthens the memory, increases the mental sharpness and speech eloquence.
Emeralds when used properly can bring in good health and luck.
: Emerald Gemstone