The deep green colored Emerald is one of the most loved gemstones in the history of mankind. There are lots of interesting facts and stories related with the gemstone that adds to the beauty of the rare gem. Let us take a look at top 15 interesting facts related to Emerald.
1. It is one of the most precious gemstones found in the earth crust. The others are sapphire, rubies, and diamonds.
2. The stone is found almost everywhere in the world but the main suppliers of emerald gemstones are China, Brazil, America, Switzerland, Spain, Afghanistan, etc. The leading supplier of the Emerald in the world is Colombia.
3. The square cut is the most common shape that you will come across in Emerald. Although, it can be given any shape according to jewellery.
4. The name Emerald is driven from Green Word Smaragdus, which eventually means green.
5. The Romans believed that Emerald represented The Goddess of Love – Venus. It was the favorite stone of couples and lovers. Wearing emerald beads studded jewellery means cupid will strike soon in your life soon.
6. There is always some inclusion in Emerald but if you come across an emerald without any kind of inclusion then surely it is synthetic.
7. Generally, emerald has some kind of scratches on its surface, it is the reason in more than 92 percent case it is treated. In the ancient times, resins and oils were used to take out the scratches and give it a stunning look.
8. In the ancient civilization, it was considered as a stone of truth. The stone was very popular in 800-250 B.C. The messenger of God- Hermes believed to have spread the message to wear the stone to connect themselves with the Almighty.
9. Well, these stones are never found alone, you will usually found them near deposits of quartz.
10. Here comes another fascinating piece from ancient times. In 1200 – 15000 A.C. these green stones were called the “Stone of Earth”, because of its fine green color. They built statues studded with Emerald and Jade. They believed it brought good luck and fertility.
11. The stone is a favorite of people from the creative field. Actors, painters, singers, etc are seen adoring emerald beads studded jewellery as it helps them to be more creative in their respective field. It fills them with energy and new ideas, making sure that they always remain ahead of their counterparts.
12. The success of a person depends on a lot the way he communicates with himself as well as others. If you are feeling low or not able to express thoughts in a candid way then wearing emerald beads in the ring will help you come out of the problem instantly. It is known as a stone of communication.
13. In the medical astrology, the stone is widely used for treating nervous disorder, skin allergies and speech difficulties.
14. The stone is very useful for the student as wearing emerald improves concentration significantly.
15. The stone is related to Mercury, hence it brings good luck and fortune.
: Emerald Gemstone Beads . AAA Emerald Beads . Wholesale Emerald Beads