Diamonds are the most precious and expensive gemstones found on the earth. The sparkling and radiant gemstone is a favorite of women all over the world. It comes up as the first choice for wedding and engagement ring. The sparkling diamonds are the birthstone of people born in the month of April. Hence the ladies born in the month of April has a significant reason to ask the dazzling diamond as a gift. Here we are going to tell you some very interesting facts about the most loved gemstone – Diamond.
1. The Greeks believed that diamonds were tears of Gods. It is the reason they looked so stunning. The story famous with Greeks is that it’s the fragments of stars that have fallen on the earth. Well, surely their beauty may make you think that they are glittering stars.
2. The Romans thought the tip of the Cupid arrow was made of diamond. That is really romantic, perhaps that is the reason there is a strong connection between diamond and romance. Don’t forget to tell your girl this interesting tit-bit before gifting her diamond.
3. There is an interesting bit of story behind its name Diamond. It is given by Greeks and derives from the world “Greek world Adamas”, which means something that cannot be every destroyed.
4. Some of you would be astonished to know that diamonds are made from only a single element that is Carbon. It is 100 percent carbon, because of tremendous heat and pressure beneath the surface of the earth, the carbon atoms stick together in a unique way resulting information of diamond. These beautiful rocks have a crystalline structure.
5. In many ancient cultures, it was believed that diamond was supernatural stone. It contains immense superpowers. It was the reason kings and warriors wore it as armor when fought battles.
6. In the ancient era, diamond was seen as the great healing stone. It was used for treating every kind of illness from injuries sustained in the war to normal fever.
7. Diamonds are very hard. They are counted amongst the hardest natural substance. Only a diamond can scratch a diamond.
8. It is believed that diamonds were found thousands of years ago. The people at that time too knew the value of the stone. They considered it precious. There is evidence of diamonds being traded in the third and fourth century.
9. These marvelous rocks are formed around 100 miles underneath the earth’s surface. Some of you may wonder then how it comes up to the surface of the earth. Well, it reaches the earth’s surface due to volcanic eruptions.
10. India was considered the major source of diamond, but things changed after 1800’s. The supply of diamond from India declined but still it is a place where you get high-quality diamonds. Today the major source of diamond includes mine located in Russia, Canada, Namibia, Brazil etc.
11. Here comes up the most amazing piece of fact. In 2004, scientist discovered a planet that is made up of mostly carbon. Well, you got it it's almost 1/3 pure diamond. It was named 55 Cancrie.
: Diamond Beads . Diamond Gemstone Beads . Black Diamond Beads . Brown Diamond Beads . Yellow Diamond Beads