The Agate with its fascinating colors and brilliant texture has won hearts of gem lovers from all over the world. The interesting fact about the gemstone is that no agate stones look exactly similar even if they have been carved out of same specimen. Every gemstone has some fascinating and interesting facts associated with it, so here we are going to reveal top 10 interesting facts about Agate Gemstone. Let us get started without further wait:-
1. It has got its unique name from famous River Achates, Sicily. Its place of origin. Well, the river’s name was subsequently changed to Drillo River but still it is popularly known by its first name.
2. Agate is an ancient gemstone. Its use can be traced back to 20000 to 15000 BC. The historical evidence states that stone-age men used this gemstone for making jewelry and beads.
3. In the ancient era the gem was extensively used in jewellery. It is one of the rare gemstones that was available in array of colors thus making it a popular choice for jewellery.
4. Its hardness, sheen, and durability make it one of the first precious rocks familiar to mankind. The stone is available in array of colors. The shades you will come across include Red, Yellow, Green, Pink, Black, White, Gray etc.
5. In the ancient times, people extensively used the stone for its magical powers. It was believed that it made the wearer friendly, brave and developed intellectual qualities. All these helped him to have bigger horizon in life.
6. In most of the ancient culture it was treated as a protective stone. The travelers and explorers always kept it with them to save themselves from potential danger. The Persian used Agate to keep storms, earthquakes and other natural calamities at bay.
7. Agate has wonderful healing properties. It is very effective in treating skin diseases, depression, anxiety, sleep disorder, stress etc.
8. The Persians and Arabs loved wearing ring studded with Agate. The unique thing is that the agate contained carefully carved out verses or symbols from Holy Koran. It is believed that it will save the wearer from any hazard.
9. Agate gemstone beads studded jewellery comes up as the first choice for gift for 12th & 14th wedding anniversaries.
10. Ladies wear the gemstone during pregnancy as it protects the mother and child. It keeps both away from any medical complication related to pregnancy. It ensures both the mother and baby are hearty and healthy.
11. According to its color the agate has different properties. The array of colors available in the Agate gemstone allows the wear to select a gemstone according to its properties or the results one desires.
12. The modern jewellery designers are coming up with agate gemstone beads studded jewellery designs that smartly blend with your dressing style.
13. The king of Pontus was so fascinated with Mithradates that he had more than 3000 bowls made from Agate Gemstone. Even you can find some of the collection with royal families.
: Gemstone Beads . Wholesale Gemstone Beads . Semi Precious Gemstone Beads . gemstone beads online . Buy Gemstone Online